One nice thing about DayZ SA (I’ll just call it DayZ from now on) is that setting up a server is very easy. DayZ is self-contained and doesn’t require installation of an external database.
- Download DayZ Server from Steam -> Library -> Tools [Note that DayZ Server Experimental is a separate download and can be installed similarly]
- By default, the files will be in c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer
- Copy that directory to another location because steam will auto-update that location and overwrite any changes you have made. For simplicity of this documentation, I will use C:\dayzserver\ .
- Edit C:\dayzserver\DayZServer\serverDZ.cfg
- change hostname
- set password if needed
- Add a line for steamQueryPort = 2303;
- Use whatever number you want, I generally use gamePort +1
- The default steam query port is 27016, but better to explicitly set the port
- Open and port forward the gamePort (2302) and steamqueryport (2303) [both UDP Protocol]. No other ports or port ranges are required to be opened or forwarded.
- gamePort is set on the command line. For this example, I’ll use 2302
- Read this to learn how to add mods to the server.
- Run the server via this command (replacing @mod1;@mod2;@mod3; with our mods or remove =mod if you want to run vanilla)
"C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe " /C start "DayZSA" C:\dayzserver\DayZServer_x64.exe -config=C:\dayzserver\serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -profiles=C:\dayzserver\profile "-mods=@mod1;@mod2;@mod3;" -BEPath=C:\dayzserver\battleye -dologs -adminlog
- Command line params https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/DayZ:Server_Configuration
- The -profiles directory will contain log files *.RPT, *.ADM, *LOG
- It is also where mods keep their configuration files
- XAPOFX1_5.dll is missing
- Download and Install DirectX
TODO : Tools discussion for start/restart/log rotate.