If you haven’t read “Understanding Vehicles in the Database“, now is a good time.
The 3 tables related to vehicle damage (hitpoints) are:
- object_data – Stores information about all vehicles and player created objects (tents, stashes, sandbag walls, tank traps, walls, gates, tripwires, etc)
- vehicle_hitpoints – Sets of vehicle part names as well as minimum and maximum damage
- vehicle_spawns – List of all vehicles as well as chance to spawn and various other attributes
The procedure that generates the spawn damage is:
Take a look at the SQL files in the release package or the DayZ Mod github. You’ll see the hitpoint sets are specific to certain types of vehicles and some of the part names are written in CZech.
The vehicle_spawns table has a column named “Hitpoints” which is the index to the sets of spawn hitpoints in vehicle_hitpoints
The vehicle_inventory table has the following columns:
- ID – number that represents the inventory set and matches the Inventory column of vehicle_spawns. There can be 1 to N number of rows per set.
- Partname – “Magazine”, “Weapon” or “Backpack”
- elektronika – electronics
- glass1, glass2, glass3, glass4, glass5, glass6
- karoserie – body
- mala vrtule – tail rotor
- motor – engine
- NEtrup – ?[need to figure this out]
- palivo – fuel tank
- velka vrtule – main rotor
- wheel_1_1_steering, wheel_1_2_steering, wheel_1_3_steering, wheel_1_4_steering, wheel_2_1_steering, wheel_2_2_steering
- Classname – Arma2 classname of the item to spawn
- MinDamage – minimum damage setting (0 is the lowest)
- If set to 0, the item is completely functional
- MaxDamage – maximum damage setting (1 is the highest)
- If set to 1, the item is completely destroyed
- Damage is set to something between MinDamage and MaxDamage for all parts
- If too many parts are set above 90%?[need to figure these % out] the vehicle may explode on spawn
- There is most likely some limit to the complete damage string when creating a vehicle, but that is unknown.