I’ve been working on some code again:
- Created a new Orange Mission – Missing Cargo. You’ll have to work this one a few times before I’ll post the details on the mission page.
- Death Messages should finally be gone. I admit its fun to see who died at a mission, but it is an advantage too. I’ve always wanted to remove it.
- The map should basically center on you when it comes up (no more having it in the corner every time)
- Tweaked the humanity based loadouts a bit by adding/removing some items for different levels. This code is still not 100% done since once in a while you’ll login and it will say you have zero humanity, even though you don’t. I am still searching for a solution.
Lately I’ve been asked about recycling vehicles due to non-use since people claim they can’t find them. You need to roam around more. Why? – because that’s the game and also because:
- I queried the database yesterday and there were 25 vehicles in spawn including 2 helicopters, 2 ATVs, 3 pickups, 6 cars, 5 motorcycles, 4 bikes and 3 boats.
- Just an FYI that the server has many custom spawn locations.
- I looked at the dates they were last used and only 3 were more than a week ago.
- This value seems to be more accurate in 1.8.7/latest-arma2oa meaning that there are no longer mass updates to this date.
- I personally ran / drove through a large city to a smaller one and found a working bus, a working pickup and a broken down pickup.
- Ask around – the players that roam find things. Don’t just run straight from Balota to NWAF. That is the corridor with the most traffic and least vehicles. As a matter of fact, skip NWAF. There are plenty of other places to visit.