Another update (Feb, 5th, 2016) – Bohemia has decided to migration forum login/security to another system. Unknown completion date.
Small Update – The official forums are down again, but if they are back up, DayZ Mod 1.8.7 is scheduled for Monday February 8th, 2016. I’ll probably need a couple of days to apply and test mods.
DayZ Mod 1.8.7 was supposed to be released on Monday January 25, 2016. Unfortunately, the official DayZ Bohemia Forums suffered a security breach and the forums are offline. We have heard that until the forums are back, we can’t release.
In addition to the change log for 1.8.7, I’ve heard the following:
- Base building will be disabled (until it is revised)
- I disagreed with this, but that’s the final word.
- Loot spawn rates and places will be “evened out” and some weapons made more rare, location-wise.
- I will re-apply the changes to make the first random 100%.
- I’ll have to review the rest.
- Blood bags won’t require a transfusion kit.
- The Backpack glitch (losing when putting on skins) is fixed.
- Zombies attacks are more accurate – they do not miss as much.
- MedBox no longer disappears
- Changes in Class Names
- More work to fix the vehicle spawn inventory and missions.
Finally, I’ve heard some of the vanilla servers will wipe their database because of the base building changes and loot changes. I don’t believe those changes warrant a wipe.
NO WIPE FOR The Dead Walk