I have so much to do and so little time. The mods I’d like to try out are backing up a bit, so if you’d like to help me adapt some code to The Dead Return, let me know.
- You need to be experienced in coding a DayZ Mod Server.
- It probably doesn’t matter which mod or version.
- You have to have your own test server or be able to set one up.
- You have to hit the ground running.
The server is a “Vanilla+” server so I’m not looking at going full EPOCH, but I still keep finding interesting scripts or have some ideas.
For example, here are some of the scripts I’ve investigated, used and/or learned from:
- DayZ Mission System (DZMS)
- Need more missions, especially a flying one.
- Want to rewrite the DZMSBOX function to better handle object randomness.
- DayZ AI (DZAI)
- Have an idea to reuse a feature from here.
- Hero Perk (HeroPerk)
- Rewrote this into generic loadout code.
- DZAI Bus (AXEBUS)
- Got it working, but it tended to get hung up on trash in the road, which I’m not removing. Can that be worked around?
- Aircraft Carrier (AC)
- I’ve tried numerous times to get loot to spawn on the carrier. The way to do it might involve hiding other loot spawning objects underneath the deck, or maybe not.
- This features is rumored to have existed on other defunct mod servers. Maybe you can find the source code for it.
- Choo Choo Trains (CCT)
- Never got it working. Maybe it would be interesting.
- The J0k3r5 Pack (J0k3r5)
- A large collection of scripts
I have a couple of other ideas too.
I can pay you DOUBLE my salary. lol.