Vanilla DayZ Mod supports building of wooden walls, gates, sandbag walls and tanktraps. Whatever vanilla enables, The Dead Return will have. Nothing more.
- eTool – found mainly in military areas
- Toolbox – for building gates
- Hatchet – chop trees to make logs, chop logs to make planks and chop planks to make woodpiles
- Pickaxe – mine rough stone
- DIY Wood – required to build wooden walls
- DIY Gates – required to build wooden gates
- Wooden Logs – harvest from trees
- Sawn Planks – create from wood logs
- Wood Piles – create from sawn planks
- Nails – can be crafted from sheetmetal (diamond plate)
- Rough Stone – mine from rocks
- Sandbags – to build sandbag walls
- Tank Traps – build tank traps
- Duct Tape and Levers – fix broken handles on pick axes and hatchets.
- Padlocks – put a lock on your gate. Found only at castles
DIY Metal- Removed in release 22.214.171.124 because it didn’t have a purpose. Razor Wire – removed in 1.9.0 because of glitchy behavior
Wooden Wall Construction
Creating a wooden wall requires:
- DIY Manual (Wood)
- Entrenching Tool
There are 12 steps to creating the maximum (level7) fence. Fences level 1-4 can be destroyed down by multiple hatchet and/or machete swings OR a single satchel charge. Fences level 5-7 can be destroyed by 2 satchel charges OR 2 explosive arrows. FYI: Satchel charges do have a “blast radius” and can take down multiple walls/gates.
- Foundation = 1 wooden log + 2 rough stone [cannot disassemble]
- Frame = 2 wooden log + 1 rough stone [cannot step over]
- Quarterpanel = 1 sawn plank +1 nails
- Halfpanel = 2 sawn planks
- Thirdpanel = 2 sawn planks
- Level1 = 2 sawn planks
- Level2 = 3 sawn planks + 1 nails
- Level3 = 3 sawn planks + 1 nails
- Level4 = 3 sawn planks + 1 nails
- Level5 = 4 wooden log + 1 screws
- Level6 = 4 wooden log + 1 screws 1 sawn planks [with walkway]
- Level7 = 2 wooden log + 1 screws 3 sawn planks [with walkway + ladder]
Wooden Gate Construction
Creating a wooden gate requires:
- DIY Manual (Gates)
- Entrenching Tool
There are 5 steps to creating the maximum (level7) fence.
- Foundation = 1 wooden log – Foundation
- Level1 = 1 wooden log + 1 rough stone
- Level2 = 1 wooden log + 1 padlock – Lvl 2 Gate [Lockable]
- Level3 = 1 wooden log + 1 sawn plank + 1 screws[Lockable]
- Level4 = 2 wooden logs + 1 sawn plank + 1 screws [Lockable]
- Bases need to be maintained, Use the scroll wheel while pointing at the wall or gate to see if it requires maintenance. A message will indicate what supplies are needed.
- Construction sites and trains are a great place to loot for supplies.
- There is a menu item called “lock”. If you lock a portion of a base, other players cannot continue building it.
- Base Buildings Rules HERE.