Base-building is back in Vanilla DayZ Mod 1.8.8!
Base Buildings Rules HERE.
We support vanilla, generic base-building of wooden walls, gates and sandbag walls. Whatever vanilla enables, The Dead Return will have. Nothing more.
You’ll need the following tools and supplies:
- eTool – found mainly in military areas.
- Tool Box – for gates
- Hatchet – to chop trees, to make planks from logs and wood piles from planks
- Pickaxe – to mine rough stone
- Duct Tape and Levers – to fix broken handles on pick axes and hatchets.
- Padlocks – to put a lock on your gate. Found only at castles
- DIY Wood – to build wooden walls
- DIY Gates – to build wooden gates
- DIY Metal- Removed in release 22.214.171.124 because it didn’t have a purpose.
- Rough stone – mine from rocks
- Wooden Logs – harvest from trees
- Sandbags – to build sandbag walls
- Sawn Planks – created from wood logs
- Wood Piles – created from Sawn Planks
- Nails – can be crafted from metal sheets (diamond plate)
Construction sites and trains are a great place to loot for supplies.
Here is a guide from another website.
There is a menu item called “lock”. If you lock a portion of a base, other players cannot continue building it.